This delicious, one pan meal is 21 Day Fix Approved and very easy to prepare!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of Rotel
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1/2 cup diced peppers (I used red and orange)
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- Kosher Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime.
Optional ingredients (things I wanted to add but didn’t have on hand!): Avocado and cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Gather all of your ingredients
Season your chicken with homemade taco seasoning and cook in pan until cooked through. Remove chicken and dice it up.
Add jalapeño, peppers and onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
Add these ingredients to the pan: quinoa, chicken broth, beans, corn, carrots, rotel, taco seasoning.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in diced chicken, avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
You could also serve this in tortillas as a healthy taco filling too.
21 Day Fix Containers:
Serving is 2 cups: 1 red. 2 yellow and 1 green